Sam Rosen to Retire after Upcoming Season

This is the biggest and perhaps most devastating news to hit Rangers fandom this offseason. Forget Jacob Trouba not waiving his NTC, the voice of the Rangers for millions of fans is stepping away from the booth after the 2024-25 season.

After 40 years in the booth with countless partners both good and bad, Sam Rosen announces his final ride. He's 77 years old going into this next season, so this is incredibly deserved. As much as fans sometimes enjoy the errors he makes in identifying players during his commentating, a post Sam Rosen era is a scary thing.

He's had countless calls over the years that brought so many of us chills and will forever live in infamy. His Stanley Cup call in 1994 is up there in the rafters of the most epic commentating in the history of sports. There is bound to be much celebration of Sam during his last year and everyone needs to live in the moment and enjoy this while we still have it. You're still here Sam, but I guarantee so many of us already miss you.